Ukulele:

So far playing the Ukulele has been a little challenging. It took me a while to finally start playing it as I felt intimidated. Once I started playing around with the strings and practicing my finger placements I felt more intrigued to continue to learn. I like practicing different strumming patterns like up, down, up, down, and down, down, up, down, down, up. This week I will be starting to play my first song: “Row, Row, Row Your Boat”. My goal this week is to also start practicing how to tune my Ukulele. So far I am enjoying practicing and I find it a great way to relieve stress as all my focus is put into learning how to play. I found some great resources to help me tune my Ukulele:

https://ukutuner.com/

Ukulele

I had no idea that there was more than one way to tune a Ukulele. I need to tune it to C for a couple of songs but tune it to D for my other songs.

I also did not know that there was a specific way to hold your Ukulele. You have to sit up straight at the edge of your seat and hold your ukulele kind of in your armpit making sure you are using your hand like a claw and the other one free to be able to strum.

I also learned I am left-handed when it comes to playing Guitar and Ukulele which is weird because I am right-handed for everything else but it feels more comfortable playing left-handed but I decided to learn right-handed because there were many Youtube tutorials where they played right-handed too.