October 19th, 2020
Video Editing:

I have used Imovie numerous times throughout the years. I used to love editing videos but I never knew how to create a green screen so that was awesome to learn about.

The Inquiry Teacher:

Rachel’s video was so helpful and amazing to listen to. You can just tell she is so passionate about what she does and really cares for her children. I follow her on Instagram now and I absolutely adore her posts. I love how she doesn’t have a desk in her classroom because I like the idea of having more space for the students. I think as an intermediate teacher it is smart to have a desk but with the younger grades you aren’t so much marking, but you are observing everything. She doesn’t have a bunch of colour on her walls or diagrams of the ABCs, numbers, etc, and if she needs these resources she will pull them up on her screen. The Wonder wall is also such a cool idea and I really respect her focusing on what the kids actually want to learn by asking them and then basing an inquiry on what they are interested in.

http://rebeccabathursthunt.com/

Today’s class:

I really appreciate Micheal showing us all the different techniques. I have created a pages document for all the resources that I will pull up and add to each class. I think I should have a back up in case I lose the document by maybe adding it to my website or using a flash drive.

I had no idea what audience retention is and I also didn’t know you could see all the analytics. I feel like that will be very useful in my own classroom if I am teaching an older group of students and need them to view a video I have created as homework.

I really like screencast and could definitely see myself using it in the future. Attached is one I made today talking about my blog: