Describe the potential of human-centered learning in distributed and open learning contexts

In my blog number 3:

I talked about how there needs to be an equal balance between the teacher and the learner. Open and distributed learning provides the student with more power over their own education. Human-centered learning is structured around the learner themselves. A blog for example gives students autonomy in an educational environment.

My pod and I talked a bit about human-centered learning and how it connects to specifically distributed learning in our digital equity and perspective project as well:

Our conclusion

I also took down some notes and copied and pasted some quotes that related to this idea of the “learner as the teacher”:

From these activities, I learned how important online distributed and open learning is in today’s world. It allows students to create meaning out of what they are doing and gives them a purpose. I think the idea of creating a blog is something all students should have. I cannot wait to look back 10 years from now and be able to find this blog and read my old posts. It will show how far I have come.

What I have learned matters to me as an educator because I want to stay up to date with the education system as it changes and grows. We are now living in a technological world and being able to understand what distributed and open learning is and how we can use it to make sure our students are getting the best out of their education is so important.

Gilliard, C., & Culik, H. (2016, May 24). Digital Redlining, Access, and Privacy. Common Sense Education.

Mays, E. (Ed.). (2017). A guide to making open textbooks with students. Rebus Community