November 29th, 2020
Introduction

Hey everyone!

This is my last Pilates post in my free inquiry. If you look in this section you will find all of my progress posts as well as a post about what Pilates is and the history behind it. I also made a blog post about why it is similar to Yoga. Today’s workout consisted of a 30-minute video that focused on abs, glutes, and back. I found it really cool to do exercises specifically focused on the back, as many of the previous videos did not focus too much on it.

Video

I did this workout this morning on a Sunday. Afterward, I felt tired but relaxed, and like I could take on the day and focus on practicing for my math/music presentation. I recommend this video to anyone who wants a quick workout on a busy day, but who has previous experience with pilates as this isn’t a super beginner video in my opinion.

Improvement

Overall, throughout the past 3 months, I have become much more confident in my Pilates abilities as I feel stronger and have more flexibility. I would definitely say I am at an intermediate level now. I took a look at my very first pilates progress post at the beginning of the year and my two goals were: “I want to strengthen my core and to be able to do the moves with proper form”. I can say now that my core feels stronger as I am able to hold/do the moves for much longer than at the beginning. My form has also improved a little bit. It is hard when it is just you at home working out on your matt to be able to see if you are doing the moves correctly. That is one of the disadvantages of working out at home because if I was in a class I could get feedback from the teacher right away.

What’s next?

I think I will continue to incorporate Pilates wherever I can in my workout routine as it is a great mindful recreation activity and can provide practice in flexibility. I am glad I chose Pilates to inquire about. Thanks for following along my journey!