November 30th, 2020- Week 12
GAMING:

I never really thought about gaming being integrated into education but I think it could be very beneficial.

In our first breakout room we talked about the games we had seen in our Elementary school days and we wondered if Kahoot was considered a game. I said I had played Cool Math Games for kids and KidsArt, as well as some typing games but I can’t remember any specific ones I used.

I really like Kahoot as I think it can be a competitive and fun way to really engrain the information being given.

I am not seeing any games being played in my mentor teacher’s classroom because I am in a kindergarten class.

Using games in class can be awesome and integrative but I think it should be more of a reward rather than a teaching tool. Kids can get very competitive and frustrated with themselves or others if they are not doing that “well”.

Course wrap up:

I have really enjoyed this course and this semester. I have learned so much useful information and resources that I can use in my own teaching career. One of my greatest takeaways is how to use google docs anonymously and how to make a website/keep it up. Thank you to Micheal for a great semester on zoom!